Wednesday, September 30, 2009

E-book Search and Price Comparison Engines

If you are an e-book reader, you may find the following two sites very handy:

Inkmesh
Inkmesh is an e-book search engine. Its search index includes sites such as Sony eBook Store, Amazon.com, BooksOnBoard and Fictionwise. The complete list is supposed to grow to include other sites such as Waterstones.co.uk or ebooks.whsmith.co.uk.

I find the overall usability of the site pretty good. They've done a good job. I like the search result presentation. Some quick enhancements that come to my mind are:
  • Sorting or searching according to device type or alternatively according to e-book format.
  • Inclusion of non-english sites
  • Ability to configure the number of books a search page contains
eBookPrice.info
eBookPrice.info is a price comparison site for e-books. I love the idea, even though I didn't quite like the site design (which is definitely secondary in my mind). One can use eBookPrice.info as a search engine or a comparison engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment