Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Wise Man’s Fear will be released on March 1st 2011

As promised, Patrick Rothfuss has passed along the real publication date of his highly anticipated The Wise Man's Fear.

The good news is that Amazon is wrong and it is going to be published before Aug 1st 2011.

The bad news is that the real publication date is still in 2011... March 1st 2011 to be more precise.

I'm glad that we finally have a publication date, even though it's 10 months away. Like most of you, I loved The Name of the Wind and I've been looking forward to The Wise Man's Fear.

Am I happy to wait this long between two books of a series? Of course not. This tells me that there's something not-so-quite right with the process. However, there are plenty of good books out there to read so there's no need to complain too much about it either. And it's definitely not a reason to be rude on the forums.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see there is finally a date. I think Patricks second book will be a masterpiece with the time and work he has put into it. :) It has been a long wait, but I am not going to complain. Patrick wanted to give us some amazing work, so he tried his best to get it to that point for us.

    ReplyDelete